Researchers studying photos of a rare goblin shark hauled up in the Gulf of Mexico last month say they’ve spotted something just as exciting—and just as weird-looking—in the shrimpers’ catch. Mixed in with the shrimp are unusually large numbers of giant isopods, a deep-sea creature that resembles a cat-sized woodlouse, reports the Houston Chronicle, which has a photo gallery of the catch. Scientists believe their presence, along with that of the goblin shark, indicates that the trawler passed over a “whalefall”—a decaying whale on the ocean floor, perhaps as much as a mile below the surface.…MORE
This Just In………..
- NASA to livestream Supermoon total lunar eclipse September 25, 2015 11:19 pm
- Twinkle Tush July 31, 2015 11:51 pm
- The Hotel Pool July 28, 2015 12:21 am
- MIT is Offering All Of Their Courses Online, To Anyone, For Free June 29, 2015 8:39 pm
- SpaceX Falcon-9 goes BOOM June 28, 2015 9:22 pm
A Day In Paradise…..